Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Denver


After a days worth of driving through Kansas and I'm not sure if I'm losing it or being in the south for so long has gotten to me but Kansas wasn't as bad as I remembered it, I actually thought it was kind of a beautiful drive, anyway, I arrived at my good friend Sara's in the early evening, we caught up, took Jelly, her aussie, to the park where we played this game which included him nipping me on the butt. We then went to dinner around the corner from her place at the Vine Street Pub, we talked the night away and closed them down. The next day, Thursday, we ate at the S.A.M.E. Cafe, also around the corner from her place (So All May Eat, you can check out some info about it on Sara's blog page, click on the link above) which is a pretty cool concept and hopefully more places like it will be popping up all over. Afterwards we took Jelly to City Park just a few blocks away so he could swim in the fountain and herd some geese or chase them into the lake whatever you want to call it he did a fine job.
When we got home we made a sauce conglomeration consisting of eggplant, tomato, peppers, onions, garlic, basil, oregano and tofu to use up all the veggies before they went bad but ran out of time because Blake was picking us up for game night at 6:20 sharp and according to Sara he is never late. At 6:19 her phone rang, Blake was downstairs. So we each picked up a bottle of wine and headed out to play Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase and drink some Pink Panty Droppers or what we use to call Summer Brew in high school and then my dorm mates adapted the name to Liquid Crack. Its amazing how the times have not changed? but I like to think we have become more cultivated, now we have a couple drinks and play games like scrabble or dominoes as a way to socialize where as ten years ago we were playing games like flip cup for the sole purpose of getting drunk.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

lol oh man,... apples to apples...

i miss you i hope your having fun

<3

Flower Hands said...

That was a fun time in Denver! I'm so glad you came down and hung out with me and my boy Jelly. Sorry about all the butt nipping he did, but he gets kinda rowdy sometimes ;)

SpiralStairs said...

haha, I was going to add after the nipping part, "its the most action I've seen since leaving Florida"...
I had a great time too!