Thursday, June 4, 2009

Couch Surfing

So I have joined this network of Couch Surfers and have been hosting 1-4 people a month since I began. This concept is such a wonderful idea. A lot of my friends think I'm crazy inviting people into my home, to sleep on my couch or spare room with out knowing them and vice versa them staying with someone they don't know. If people are going to join and offer their home and trust I don't think they will take advantage of others. My first experience with any such thing was a couple I had met on the beach where I live. They came down for the winter and were living in the woods, one night I invited them to stay with me because the weather was bad, they stayed two nights that time and a few more times that winter before they headed back north. Now I have two wonderful new friends who I am going to visit this summer. Then in late December I joined this network of couch surfers and have been hosting travelers from Portugal, New York, Vermont, Florida, Sweden and hopefully more to come! Eventually, when I can take off work I will be utilizing the website. It is a great feeling to know there are welcoming, kind and gracious beings out there that will invite you into their home and give you a place to rest your head. Thank you!

No comments: