Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beltzville and Perkiomenville PA


We arrived in Perkiomenville late Wednesday early Thursday morning after driving through six states (NC, TN, VA, WV, MD, PA) taking a small detour off the Blue Ridge Parkway driving through Blowing Rock, Boone and then into TN by mistake. I took a short nap on a cement block next to a gas station and then met Britt in a parking lot to follow home and immediately went to sleep. Thursday we walked around one of the many quaint townships around and then met up with some of Britts friends in the evening and went sloppin. In case you don't know what this is, which I did not, it is floating down the creek/river in a blow up baby pool and drinking lots of wine and avoiding going over the waterfall. Which we were successful on all accounts. Afterwards we went to see David at his tent which he has set up in Collegeville behind some houses next to some trees. He fed us and then Britt read his journal, got outraged by what he wrote, tried burning it, then knocked a burning candle out of his hand with hot wax spraying Billy and proceeded to kick the sh*t out of him, finally some people pulled her off of him and we left to sing karaoke. The following day, Britt, Ofri, Billy, Dijon, Shalane, Justin and I went to Beltzville to go find some waterfalls and take a dip in the river. I took a nap on a rock and was awoken by a little girl screaming "oh my gosh what is that" I bolted up expecting to see a bear running at me. Goodtimes in PA. Lots of old rock buildings, farms, horses, cows and quaint little townships, nothing like I've ever seen before. "You guys weren't swimming, were you?" "No Sir" "Good. Guess you just got caught in a thunder cloud then?" "Yes Sir"

2 comments:

Flower Hands said...

I Love that you are keeping this blog about your travels. It makes me feel not so far away from you! Plus, this is pretty interesting and hilarious shit. I'll be reading, and I will post comments as well. Thanks for reading mine too! I will add your blog name to my BLOOG as well!

Brittany said...

lol, great summary of the events.